- 175g (1 cup) rice flour
- 8 eggs, lightly whisked
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh garlic chives
- Salt & ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 300g peeled green prawns
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 55g (1 cup) bean sprouts
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup coarsley chopped fresh coriander
Sweet chilli dressing
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Step 1Place rice flour in a bowl. Whisk in egg and water until a smooth batter forms. Stir in garlic chives. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Step 2Meanwhile, to make the dressing, cook the sesame seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat, tossing, for 2 minutes or until toasted. Whisk together sesame seeds, sweet chilli sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Step 3Preheat grill on high. Heat half the oil in a 25cm-diameter (base measurement) non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add half the prawns and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until prawns curl and change colour. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Repeat with the remaining prawns.
- Step 4Heat the remaining oil in the same pan. Add the capsicum, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until just tender. Add the prawns, bean sprouts and green shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute or until shallot softens slightly. Pour in pancake batter and cook for 2-3 minutes or until pancake is golden brown underneath. Cook under grill for a further 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Step 5Transfer pancake to a chopping board and cut into wedges. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with dressing.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: William Meppem
- Publication: Australian Good Taste