- 1 barbecued chicken or roast chicken
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into small thin strips
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, roughly chopped
- Bread rolls, to serve
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Step 1Remove skin from chicken and discard. Remove chicken from bones and discard bones. Shred chicken. Place into a bowl.
- Step 2Make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jug. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Step 3Pour dressing over chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine. Place into an airtight container. Place onions, carrot and nuts into separate airtight containers.
- Step 4When ready to serve, add onions, carrot and nuts to chicken. Toss. Spoon into bread rolls or serve as a salad.
Variation: Use salted peanuts instead of cashews.
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas