- 150g snow peas, halved diagonally lengthways
- 1 barbecued chicken
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 100g baby Asian salad greens
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Step 1Blanch snow peas in a small saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Pat dry with paper towels. Place into a large bowl.
- Step 2Remove skin and flesh from chicken. Discard skin and bones. Shred flesh. Add to snow peas with cucumber, onion, coriander and salad greens.
- Step 3Make dressing: Combine all ingredients, and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar. Shake until well combined. Pour over salad. Gently toss to combine. Serve.
Shortcut: Place washed snow peas into a microwave-safe bag. Twist top to secure. Microwave for 1 minute on HIGH (100%) power or until bright green.
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas