- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, grated
- 25g butter, melted
- Vanilla yoghurt, blueberries and
- Cinnamon sugar, to serve
- Step 1Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir in cinnamon sugar and caster sugar. Make a well in centre.
- Step 2Whisk buttermilk, vanilla and egg together in a jug. Add to flour mixture. Stir to combine. Add apple. Stir until just combined.
- Step 3Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush with butter. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into pan. Spread with a spatula to form a round. Repeat to make 2 more pancakes. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing pan with butter when necessary.
- Step 4Top pancakes with yoghurt and blueberries. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Serve.
- High carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas