- 350g angel hair pasta (cappellini)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch watercress, trimmed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water until al dente.
- Step 2Drain well, reserving 1 tablespoon of cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan.
- Step 3Heat half the oil in a deep frypan over medium heat. Add garlic and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes or until carrot is slightly tender. Remove from heat and add cress.
- Step 4Add to pasta with reserved cooking liquid, remaining oil, juice and sumac. Season well with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Toss to combine.
- High carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Nancy Duran
- Image credit: Georgie Cole
- Publication: Taste.com.au