- 3/4 cup pastry mix (see note)
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 small barbecued chicken, skin removed, meat shredded
- 1 tomato, deseeded, diced
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 3cm deep, 24cm (base) quiche dish.
- Step 2Combine pastry mix, cheese, butter, eggs and milk in a bowl. Stir well.
- Step 3Add corn, onion, basil, chicken, tomato, parsley, and salt and pepper to egg mixture. Mix well. Pour into prepared quiche dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Serve.
Note: Pastry mix is a dry mix. Look for it near the flour in your supermarket.
Variation: You could use salmon or ham instead of chicken if you prefer.
- Author: Johnston Family, Broken Hill, NSW (reader recipe).
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas