- 375g dried spaghettini
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Masterfoods Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Grated parmesan (or vegetarian hard cheese), to serve
- Finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and chilli, if using. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, for 1 to 2 minutes or until combined and heated through. Serve sprinkled with parmesan and parsley.
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
Pasta shapes vary enormously, and can be matched with many different sauces. The general rule is that the thicker the sauce, the wider the pasta should be. Lighter, long pastas such as angel hair and linguine are best suited to delicate, light sauces, often oil-based instead of meat-based. Use shells, penne or rigatoni for chunkier sauces. Really though, it’s a matter of preference; use whatever pasta takes your fancy and have fun experimenting!
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas