- 750g trim lamb mini topside roasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, ends trimmed, washed
- 1 x 400g pkt Baby Potatoes With Butter and Herbs
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Mint Sauce
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) water
- 40g (1/4 cup) Traditional-Flavoured Instant Gravy
- 80ml (1/3 cup) red wine
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a roasting pan over high heat. Add the lamb and cook for 1 minute each side or until browned.
- Step 2Arrange carrots, potatoes (including butter from the packet) and rosemary around the lamb. Roast for 20 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook the sugar snap peas in a small saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain and return to the pan. Add the mint sauce and stir until well combined. Whisk together the water and gravy in a jug.
- Step 4Transfer the lamb and vegetables to a plate and cover with foil. Place the pan over high heat. Add the wine and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the gravy mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute until the gravy thickens.
- Step 5Divide the roast vegetables and sugar snap peas among serving plates. Thickly slice the lamb across the grain. Divide lamb among the plates and drizzle over the gravy to serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Variations: Roast chicken with fennel and potatoes: Omit the sugar snap peas and mint sauce. Replace the lamb with 4 single chicken breast fillets. Replace the carrots with 3 baby fennel bulbs, ends trimmed, thickly sliced. Replace the rosemary with 5 fresh tarragon sprigs. Replace the red wine with white wine. Replace the traditional-flavoured instant gravy with Woolworths Select Chicken-Flavoured Instant Gravy. Roast the chicken and vegetables in oven for 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil. Roast the vegetables for a further 10 minutes or until tender. Divide chicken and vegetables among serving plates. Serve.
Roast pork with apple sauce: Omit the mint sauce. Replace the lamb with 4 pork chops. Roast the pork and vegetables in oven for 15 minutes. Transfer pork to a plate and cover with foil. Roast the vegetables for a further 15 minutes or until tender. Divide pork and vegetables among serving plates. Serve with bought apple sauce.
Beef with asparagus and bearnaise sauce: Omit the carrots, mint sauce and gravy. Replace the sugar snap peas with 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed. Replace the lamb with 4 x 2cm-thick beef eye fillet steaks. Roast beef and potatoes for 10 minutes. Transfer beef to a plate and cover with foil. Roast the potatoes for a further 15 minutes or until tender. Divide beef and vegetables among serving plates. Serve with bought bearnaise sauce.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste